Welo (“us” “we” “our” “site”) recognises the importance of protecting your privacy and takes all due care to protect your information.
- Phone: (+64) 278572373
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Updates to this Privacy Statement
Additional rights and obligations
This Privacy Statement applies in addition to, and does not limit, our rights and obligations under the Privacy Act 2020 (as amended or replaced from time to time) (Privacy Act) or any specific authorisation that you provide to us when you interact with us or use our services.
You are not required to provide us with any personal information that we request. However, if you do not do so, we may not be able to provide certain services to you.
- Any mention of “welo”, “we”, “us”, “site” and “our” includes a reference to WELO LIMITED and connected welo companies.
- “Employer” refers to persons or companies that list job advertisements on the Site or use other services to source Job Seekers.
- “Job Seekers”relates to users of the Site and users who register on the Site in the Job Seeker category.
2. Collection of personal information
Types of personal information we collect
The personal information we collect will vary depending on the services that you use, and your interactions with us. For example, we may collect your:
- name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and date of birth;
- demographic information such as your gender and your location or city of residence
- information relating to your relationship with Welo, for example your job history, experience or information shared about your company when advertising a role;
- feedback that you provide (for example, online or through social media platforms); and
- information on your resume that you supply.
How we collect personal information
Welo receives your information from you in the following ways including but not limited to when you:
- open an account as a Job Seeker or Company through the Website;
- register your details;
- purchase event tickets, subscribe to an email list; apply for a job listing;
- advertise a job; or
- post information onto the Website.
Welo provides a service for registered users when they complete details relating to their job search preferences. Your email and other related information will be collected so Welo can alert you when an ideal job opportunity arises for you that is relevant to your employment preferences. As a registered user, you have the ability to edit or remove your email address from this system. Non registered users can also opt in for email job alerts, all information that you complete for registering for these alerts will be collected and held within the database. You will be able to unsubscribe at any time.
All information that you may modify or delete on your account or in public forums may be kept and stored for a period of time within a backup system in the event of data loss. The information on a stored resume may be used by Welo to provide data insights and algorithms. This information may be posted in public areas and shown to Employers to show insights.
Job Seeker Profiles
When you create a profile on Welo, your profile can be searched and accessed by Employers, this database of profiles will enable Employers to search and contact suitable candidates.
- Your Welo profile will be searchable (with the purchase of tokens) on the Site’s database, full profile details including your resume and contact details will be visible.
- An employer may contact you through your details supplied.
- If you wish to send an application for a job listing, your resume and contact details will be sent to the Employer. You can hide or withdraw your resume at any time.
- All profile information will be held securely on Welo’s database.
You can edit, or delete any or all information (including privacy details) on your account as a registered user.
If you wish to send an application for a job listing, your resume and contact details will be sent to the Employer or their nominated representative. By applying for a job listing, you agree to supplying your personal information to the Employer. Upon applying for a job, an employer has access to your contact details and may make contact with you. In order to apply for job vacancies, parts or all of your Welo profile will be required to be shared with the Employer. Any questions relating to a job advertisement must be made directly to the Employer.
Welo asks Employers to abide by the Privacy Act 2020 and comply with their terms and conditions, which includes their responsibilities regarding the use and admission of personal information. Welo cannot control the use of this information by the Employers and individuals acting on their behalf, thus Welo does not accept liability for the conduct of these corporations and individuals related to the Employer’s account.
Welo stores information from the Employer; this includes but is not limited to the following; company name, phone number and billing address. The name, phone number and email address of a primary contact person and other additional individuals that are involved with the account. Employers can change their billing address or company name at any time, and can change other details by emailing email@example.com.
Correspondence to and from Welo
Welo from time to time, may ask you to participate in market research and analysis. You can withdraw from this service at any time.
Payment card information
If you make a payment on our Website, Stripe will process your payment. Stripe will encrypt and store your payment card number securely, in accordance with Stripe’s Privacy Statement available at https://stripe.com/en-nz/privacy.
Stripe protects personal information (at a minimum) to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS). Your payment card number is not held by and is never revealed to us.
When you use our Website we may also gather the information that does not identify you (or any other person), such as analytical information about use of our website. When you use our Website, short text files called “cookies” may be instantly downloaded to your computer or cell phone device. Cookies enable us to give you a better experience. For example, by sanctioning the Website to know that you have visited before and in some cases to record preferences to ensure we personalise your visit. Cookies also assists us to evaluate the profile of our visitors. These can be session cookies which are removed when you close your browser and/or consistent cookies which remain on your computer or mobile device for a longer period of time. To remove or stop cookies being enabled on your computer or mobile device please refer to the help menu on your internet browser. In some cases blocking cookies may reduce the functionality of our Website or alternatively prevent access to them depending on your elected browser options. For more information visit www.aboutcookies.org.
Information about other people
If you provide us with, or authorise use to collect, personal information about another person, you confirm that they have authorised you to provide us, or authorise use to collect, their personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement and that you have informed them of their rights to access and request correction of their personal information, as set out below.
3. Holding and use of personal information
Holding personal information
Use of information
To enhance the services and functions of the Website, Welo and their third party bodies/agents, (these may include but are not limited to; mailing companies, courier and distribution businesses, career coaches, website designer, printing service businesses, contractors or consultants, and operating system producers) may hold, gather, and use your information (personal and non personal) for the following functions:
- for the general operation of Welo and our relationship with you – including providing you with the services you have requested including but not limited to:
- to agenda an appointment to chat with an individual within the Welo team about a service or product;
- responding to email or phone inquiries with your approval;
- to action your transactions;
- to execute Welo’s agreements within the scope of their contractual duties between you and Welo, to enable to delivery of material, services and information you apply for;
- to administer information regarding other products and services Welo offers that are related to what you have seen, bought, or queried about;
- to inform you of any changes to the Website and services;
- to allow you to engage with the Website and other users; and
- any other purposes authorised by you or permitted by law.
We also use aggregated and anonymous information (where identifiable characteristics are removed, so that you will remain anonymous) for statistical and research purposes.
We may communicate with you by email and other electronic means.
Disclosure of personal information
Welo may provide your personal information to the following types of third parties:
- our related companies and organisations, partners, contractors and service providers (including IT services providers), to assist us with the operation of Welo; and
- any other party authorised by you or to whom we are required or authorised to disclose personal information in accordance with applicable law or in effort to be in accordance with the Site’s Terms and Conditions, or to guard the rights, goods and safety of Welo, their users and others.
We require any third parties to adhere to the relevant obligations regarding the use and admission of personal information that are defined in the Privacy Act.
Welo will not be liable for any information you provide to third parties that ask you directly or indirectly for your information; the information will then be guided by their own privacy policies. In accordance with the Privacy Act, Welo may receive personal information from their third parties and related bodies. Welo will not be held responsible for the misuse of your information third parties may collect and store.
Storage of personal information
Personal Information that we collect is either held by us at our head office (refer to the Contact Us section below) or on our behalf.
Welo takes all due care to make sure the Website is secure and safe, and that any personal information provided is not misused, lost and not vulnerable to unauthorized access. You may update your personal information anytime. In the event of unauthorized access, loss or misuse of your information by other third parties, that is not a direct result of Welo breaching their obligations under the Privacy Act or the Site’s Terms and Conditions, Welo will not be held liable.
Welo is devoted to the safety and confidentiality of your personal information and will follow all requirements necessary in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020. You agree to not share your password or account login details with anyone, Welo is not held responsible if a data breach is a result of you revealing this information.
If you are not a registered user and/or subscribed to Welo’s email alerts or newsletters, your information will not be collected to identify you personally. Job Seekers should be aware that when they apply for a job some or all of their profile information is disclosed to the Employer; they may also hold your information to contact you directly.
Welo does it’s best to protect your data online; however they cannot guarantee the security of your information and data that you reveal to them.
Access and correction of personal information
Under the Privacy Act, you have the right to access and request correction of any personal information that we hold about you. Please refer to the Contact Us section below.
If you have any questions or requests relating to this Privacy Statement or Personal Information that we may hold about you, please contact us on:
Phone: (+64) 27 8572373