If you’re venturing into the world of online teaching, here’s a crucial note: it’s a whole new ball game.
Listen closely, because creating a yoga music playlist for your virtual sessions takes a whole new approach.
While it might be tempting to simply stream your personal Spotify favorites, here’s the deal: using non-royalty-free music can lead to some big hurdles, especially if you plan to distribute your content or kickstart a YouTube channel.
Picture this: uploading videos with copyrighted tunes on YouTube not only strips you of monetization but also risks having your content removed – all your hard work, down the drain.
So, if you’re blending music into your online classes, always opt for the royalty-free route. It’s the path of least hassle and ensures your creative efforts are safe and sound.
Now, let’s talk options. Here are some royalty-free music resources for you to dive into as you craft your digital classes:
- YouTube’s Free Audio Library: A fantastic starting point with a range of tracks to elevate your sessions.
- Epidemic Sound: A royalty-free music subscription site that lets you explore creativity with your soundscapes.
- Premium Beat: Ideal for the yogi looking to curate yoga-specific playlists.
- Soundcloud: A treasure trove of ambient sounds, perfect for enhancing your practice’s atmosphere.
- Make Your Own Music: Tap into your inner artist and create your unique yoga vibe.
As you start this journey, keep in mind that music is at the core of your practice. It holds personal and profound significance. When integrating music into your online classes, you’re not just creating sequences – you’re shaping a meaningful experience.
Looking for new playlists for your local classes?
With over 7 years in the teaching game, I’ve spent countless hours curating essential playlists that bring out the best in every stretch and move. Be sure to explore our must-have Spotify playlists for your local yoga and Pilates classes.
As a fitness enthusiast & passionate yogi, Lauren has taught yoga around the world on superyachts. She has facilitated sold out wellness retreats and currently specializes in providing corporate yoga and wellness services in New Zealand. When she’s not teaching, you can find her hiking up mountains, savoring a delicious cup of coffee, or spending time with family and friends.